Are Paid Online Surveys Worth the Time and Effort?
Paid online surveys are among the most popular work from home jobs today. Among all of the available online money making opportunities, paid surveys are one of the easiest jobs to get started with. Many people associate online surveys with scams and others think it’s impossible to make good money by taking surveys. Others feel that paid surveys are not worth the time and effort. The truth is that paid online surveys are a fun and easy way to earn a competitive hourly wage, score some great prizes and gifts, and share your opinions with numerous market research companies. Here are some important points to consider when determining if paid online surveys are worth your time and effort.
- It can take a while to see consistent income from paid online surveys. If you are considering earning part or full-time income from surveys, it can take up to three months to receive regular survey invitations. During the start-up phase, it is important to apply to as many legitimate survey sites as possible. Fill out as much personal and demographic information as these companies need; the more information you provide, the more survey invitations you will receive.
- Also, try to accept as many initial invitations as possible, even if they offer low payouts or no pay at all. Market research and survey companies offer higher paying survey invitations to their most loyal survey takers. In time, you will prove yourself as a serious survey taker and will be able to take advantage of larger survey invites.
- You will not get rich by taking online surveys. With patience and practice, you can earn a very good and competitive hourly rate, but paid online surveys are on the lower end of the pay spectrum in the home-based job field. On a positive note, however, you are in complete control of your work schedule and can choose to accept or decline any assignments you would like, at your discretion. The freedom that is associated with taking online surveys outweighs any negative association with regard to income potential. You can work anytime, day or night, and do not have to worry about answering phones, adhering to a specific schedule, or dealing with a demanding boss.
- You will receive a lot of spam e-mail when you begin taking online surveys. It can be exhausting and annoying to sift through dozens of solicitations on a daily basis. This is simply part of the job of an online survey taker. Fortunately, it can be easy to sift through these e-mails if you open several accounts and keep your personal messages separate from your work messages. Designate certain times of the day to check each account. By keeping up with your e-mail accounts, you can not only clear unwanted spam, but also are able to catch and flag time-sensitive and high-paying survey opportunities.
- You have to look out for scammers when starting with your online survey journey. Unfortunately, online surveys are one of the most targeted industries by scammers. The reason for this is that online surveys require no special qualifications and many that are interested in taking online surveys often need money quickly. Scam artists know this and prey upon unsuspecting people. Never, ever pay any survey company, no matter what they tell you or how legitimate they seem. A reputable online survey company will never charge you to begin working with them. Always check out a company’s credentials with online verification companies and with local legislative offices to determine the validity of a company. If a website provides contact information, it is usually a good sign that they are legitimate; always be sure to check and verify the information provided.